IST Trainee program
IST Trainee program
The program 2019
The 12-month long trainee program is designed to give the trainees as many opportunities as possible to “learn more” and will provide them with new insights and experiences from different business areas, departments, markets – and countries. 4 days a week the trainees are busy with regular tasks and 1 day a week they spend time on their specific trainee assignments. This way they will get to know IST, the people and get some on-the-job training. Each trainee has been assigned a personal mentor who keeps track of their progress and takes on the role of a personal guide throughout the program. Besides working that one day a week on the project, the trainees are also attending several training modules, which will help them approach their challenges and tasks differently, boosting their creativity and innovative abilities.
The project 2019
This year’s project will be based on artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data. The trainees will be working to find ways to use this cutting-edge technology for the greater good and to make positive change in the field of education.
The program 2017-2018
The 18-month long trainee program is IST's way of helping the fresh trainees to 'Learn More'. The work on the trainee tasks themselves take up 20 % of our time, while the remaining 80 % are filled with a regular workload. This is a great way for us to learn to know the people in IST and the teams, and to give us some actual on-the-job training. We've each been assigned a personal mentor that will follow our progress and guide us for the duration of the program. While we're going to spend 20 % of our time on working on the actual trainee project, we're also going to attend several training modules (more on the first module later) which are going teach us to attack our project in different manners than most of us are used too, and help develop our innovative abilities.
The 20 of us have been assigned into three different groups, and we're ready to start working on the project… but what is it? Our project brief is to develop a service or an app in conjunction with IST Home. This should be something that is useful for interaction between students and guardians in their daily life, but connected to school life as well. By the end of the 18 months we will hopefully look at three good ideas for services, if not three fully implemented and published solutions. You might think that the brief is not very specific, but that is the point. Each of the teams are to come up with their own ideas on how to attack this problem, and just like a startup would, try to sell the idea to IST.